Modernize Your Java Applications with Kotlin: Best Practices and Strategies
18.07.2023 | 13:30
Are you looking to modernize your Java applications and take advantage of Kotlin’s powerful features? Join our upcoming webinar to learn all about practical strategies, pros and cons, and best practices for successfully migrating from Java to Kotlin. Discover how and when to move, understand the benefits and challenges, and gain insights on how to effectively transition your projects.
++++ Webinar Structure ++++
Online Event - Duration: 60 min
++++ Who Should Attend and Why? ++++
Startups and Businesses who want to modernize and build modern applications.
- Stable Internet connection
Basic knowledge of JAVA and software development.
Welcome to our webinar on modernizing Java applications with Kotlin! Are you looking to enhance your development efficiency and maintainability? Are you considering migrating from Java to Kotlin, but not sure where to start? Do you want to learn all about best practices and strategies for such a migration? If so, you’re in the right place! In this webinar, we will explore the benefits of using Kotlin and provide practical insights on how and when to transition. Let’s dive in!
In this webinar, we will cover important topics related to migrating from Java to Kotlin:
- We will discuss when to move to Kotlin - whether it’s introducing Kotlin midway in a development project or migrating an existing project. We will explore strategies for beginning with Kotlin, integrating/migrating Kotlin into/from existing Java projects, and leverage Kotlin’s interoperability with Java.
- We will analyze the pros and cons of Kotlin compared to Java, with side-by-side code examples, highlighting the advantages and disadvantages of using Kotlin.
- We will share practical guidance on how to overcome potential challenges and pitfalls during the transition process based on what we have learned, allowing you to gain insights from real-world examples of successful and not so successful Kotlin migration projects and learn from the lessons learned by industry experts.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to learn how to effectively modernize your Java applications with Kotlin. Register now and join us for this informative webinar!
- Welcome Reception
- Introduction: What’s the buzz about?
- Why Kotlin?
- When to plan the move?
- How to achieve the transition?
Gopal is a software development consultant specialized in backend technologies with more than 6+ years of experience. He is no stranger to the agile way of software development & additionally understands the business side of things - A jack of all trades.
Kateryna is a software engineer with over 10 years of experience in the field. She is well-versed in all aspects of software engineering, including data engineering, frontend development, and cloud technologies.
Thomas is a full stack engineer with more than 10 years of professional experience in software development. He believes that software development is as much about communication and knowledge exchange as it is about producing actual code